Education: Shortly after James finished his BA in Psychology and English Language he developed a passion for gardening which led to further studies in Horticulture and then Botany as a lab assistant. He frequently uses the world as his classroom to learn about ancient civilizations, geography, ecology, and history as he travels.
Language: English with lots of practice using nonverbal communication and gestures to charade his way through the rest of the world.
Countries Visited: 40+ countries across 5 Continents (and counting!)
Tours Led: Throughout the Mediterranean, Middle East and Central Asia; including everything from Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Spain, Portugal and Greece.
Favourite Destination: Nature
1) Galapagos's marine wonderland
2) Namibia's harsh deserts
3) South America's lush Iguazu Waterfalls
4) Patagonia's frigid glaciers
5) South Africa's self-drive safari parks
1) Beauty of Vancouver, Canada (home)
2) Nature within Cape Town, South Africa
3) History in Berlin, Germany
4) Authenticity of La Paz, Bolivia
5) Culture of Kyoto, Japan
1) Petra - the ancient Nabatean capital city
2) Mayan carvings of Copan, Honduras
3) The endless ancient antiquities of Egypt
4) Mysteries of the Nazca Lines, Peru
5) The sprawling temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia
About Me: James' insatiable wanderlust is satisfied each year between seasonal jobs at home in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. In the summertime he works outdoors as a beach lifeguard and in the winter he works in an urban forest spreading holiday cheer. Happiest while outside and exploring, he is excited to have the whole world as his workplace as an International Tour Leader for Adventures Abroad.